As you can see from the photo below I’m not exactly loyal to one brand. Years ago my whole routine would have consisted of Lancôme products, but now I find pleasure in trying new brands in the hope that I will find a product that works wonders for me and I cannot live without.
Today I’m talking about face washes. As I can get quite oily skin I enjoy using a face wash because I find it refreshing and an effective way to remove shine, but I also like the convenience of being able to use it whilst I’m in the shower.
1. Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash This product has very fine exfoliating granules that are designed to effectively cleanse the skin while also providing resurfacing benefits. It is mild and gentle enough to use every day and left my skin feeling very soft.
2. Elizabeth Arden Intervene 3-in-1 Daily Cleanser Exfoliator Primer I don’t feel that this product really exfoliates my skin as it only has a few large grains in it. But as a facial wash I really enjoy using it, it’s creamy and has barely any scent, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and comfortable.
3. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser This red gel has a fresh scent that is also slightly medicinal which I really like, and it creates only a slight foam when massaged into the skin. It makes my skin feel very clean and takes away excess oils without drying, great for my sensitive skin.
4. Murad Clarifying Cleanser Sadly I had a really bad allergic reaction to this product, I’ve got on really well with other Murad products but as I don’t have acne I think the 1.5% Salicylic Acid was too strong for my skin. It has quite an acidic and antibacterial smell which I’m not use to but the reviews from other people who have used it were really good which is why I wanted to give it a try.
5. Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser This cleanser produced a very gentle creamy foam that is slightly scented without being overpowering. It’s suitable for combination skin, and I found it thoroughly cleansed my skin without drying or leaving any residue.
6. Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Definitely not my favourite product, I don’t use it a lot so I think they might have updated the packaging from the one you can see in my photo, I have had mine a little while. My main issue is that the scent is so strong, it’s very floral and reminds me of an old ladies perfume which gives me a headache.
7. Lancôme Gel Éclat This product use to be a gel before it was updated, it now has a pearly, very creamy texture and a small amount goes a long way. The scent reminds me Dove soap, and I find it gets my skin squeaky clean.
These are not recommendations, they are purely my opinions on the products I’ve been using. A product that works for me may not work for you, and a product I didn’t like you may love.